Empowering industrial workforces with AI to improve profitability and achieve net-zero carbon targets.
At Canvass Analytics, we are disrupting the way industrial operational data is being used to make critical business decisions. Our disruptive, leading edge AI-powered analytics platform transforms plant operations, giving them predictive insights that enable autonomous operations.
Canvass AI software platform is empowering Fortune 1,500 industrial companies to transform industrial engineers into digital engineers who are driving data driven decisions in day to day operations. Canvass Analytics’ customers include leading energy, manufacturing, food and ag, oil and gas, and metals and mining companies around the globe.
We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
Things you should know about our product & teams:
• Our platform is fully hosted in Azure and is primarily built using Kubernetes
• We use CircleCI to continuously integrate and deploy changes using infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
• Our microservices architecture and tooling are developed in Python
• We’ve built data pipelines with Kafka and use Kubeflow to orchestrate our machine learning jobs
• Track record of building and managing secure, scalable, IaC-based infrastructure in Azure, AWS, or GCP
• A passion for observability and automation
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
• Experience creating and managing Kubernetes clusters, using tools such as Helm and Terraform
• Strong networking and Linux knowledge, including knowing what to look for when things go wrong
• An understanding of microservice architecture and distributed system design
• Proficiency with Python
• This is a senior role, requiring at least 8 years professional experience in related technical roles (e.g. DevOps, system administration, software development, testing)
We’re looking for a hands-on leader to manage and scale our growing cloud infrastructure and the team that supports it. A typical week will include a healthy mix of design, technical implementation, proactive production support and team management – perfect for someone who wants to stay close to the technology but still wants to flex their leadership skills. Reporting to the head of Engineering, you'll have full ownership of the resources that power our industrial AI platform as well as the DevOps tooling that makes it easy for development teams to bring their code into production.
Your team’s responsibilities will include:
• High Availability - maximizing our uptime through design, automation and process
• Scalability – designing flexible infrastructure to meet the demands of high-burst, resource-intensive machine learning workloads
• Security – continuously improving our security and putting the technology in place to support SOC2 certification
• Growth – starting as a team of two, help us grow by providing mentorship, expanding the team’s capabilities and bringing new team members on board as our customer base expands
In general, we’re looking for engineers that exemplify these qualities:
• Activation & Engagement Our engineers are critical to the progress of our application and our business. We expect our engineers to maintain focus on the business impact of their changes and advocate for work that will drive outcomes instead of just output.
• Teamwork & Collaboration Our teams are small and extremely collaborative. You will work very closely with Product Development and Customer Success to meaningfully impact the business every week.
• Excellence & Craft Operations is more than just keeping the lights on 24/7. We need to build secure, scalable systems that are also easy to understand and easy to extend so that they can evolve with our business. We want our engineers to take pride in what they build.
• Communication & Leadership We’re looking for people who can teach and introduce their teammates to new concepts, and who can explain and contextualize their work to colleagues outside of engineering.
You want to join a company that’s at the forefront of leading-edge technology and you want to be the person that takes us there and captures massive market share. You want to be part of an ambitious, successful team that is rapidly scaling up, that gives you room to grow and recognition. You will reap the rewards of your efforts with great incentive targets.
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
• Inclusive culture, open to ideas
• Generous time off, including vacation and personal days to help rejuvenate
• Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and Health Spending Account
• Flexible office policy, with options to work remotely
• Attend Conferences to extend your knowledge and skills
• Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
• Top technology and tools to excel at your role
• Free team lunches
Canvass Analytics is using AI to automate operations for theIndustrial sector. We are changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Startups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange asa Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. Canvass is backed by Google’sGradient Ventures.
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all?If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications listed and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile.
Canvass Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.