Empowering industrial workforces with AI to improve profitability and achieve net-zero carbon targets.
At Canvass Analytics, we are disrupting the way industrial operational data is being used to make critical business decisions. Our disruptive, leading edge AI-powered analytics platform transforms plant operations, giving them predictive insights that enable autonomous operations.
Canvass AI software platform is empowering Fortune 1,500 industrial companies to transform industrial engineers into digital engineers who are driving data driven decisions in day to day operations. Canvass Analytics’ customers include leading energy, manufacturing, food and ag, oil and gas, and metals and mining companies around the globe.
We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
• Our cloud-based web application puts process engineers in control of a scalable machine learning platform which enables them to improve factory operations.
• We work in small, cross-functional product teams composed of Product Designer, Product Manager and 2-4 developers
• Our modern, single-page-app is built in React. We follow a dual track agile methodology and release to production frequently
• We don’t work from a feature roadmap: instead each team works towards a set of business objectives and is empowered to design and implement the best solution they can come up with
• We have a data-driven culture and use leading edge tools that give us access to how users are interacting with our platform
We’re looking for candidates with:
• 3+ years in software product design
• A track record of working with product teams to create experiences that users love
• A portfolio that demonstrates a profound understanding of user problems and the ability to deduce elegant solutions out of complexity
• An ability to present dense information in a way that is both engaging and informative
• A solid background in both interaction design and visual design
• Familiarity with a variety of prototyping and testing techniques, and an expert at knowing which to use when
• Excellent communication skills, able to work equally well with our customers, developers and internal stakeholders such as Marketing and Customer Success
• Experience with tools like Figma, Sketch and InVision and an ability to identify the right UX tool and method for the job
• Preferably you’ve worked in a startup before and understand life in a small company
• Empathy for manufacturers and process engineers
• Passion for how things are made and manufactured
• Experience in B2B SaaS
• Familiarity with AI, data science and/or analytics
• Experience using Pendo
We are a young company and place great emphasis on the value and contribution that each person brings to the team. That also means that we are all called upon to bring multiple skills to our role. This is particularly true for this role as we are looking for someone to bring design thinking and a full spectrum of skills to Canvass. If you are looking to have a tight focus on just user research, or only spend your time designing screens this is not the role for you.
• Development and ongoing ownership of user personas
• Working closely with product managers and engineers to drive the product forward
• Developing mockups, wireframes and prototypes (low and high fidelity)
• Collect user insight and feedback and apply it throughout all phases of design by leading user research, interviews and usability testing
• Contribute to and advance our design system
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
• Inclusive culture, open to ideas
• Generous time off, including vacation and personal days to help rejuvenate
• Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and Health Spending Account
• Flexible office policy, with options to work remotely
• Attend Conferences to extend your knowledge and skills
• Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
• Top technology and tools to excel at your role
• Free team lunches
Canvass Analytics is using AI to automate operations for theIndustrial sector. We are changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Startups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange asa Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. Canvass is backed by Google’sGradient Ventures.
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all?If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications listed and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile.
Canvass Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.