Empowering industrial workforces with AI to improve profitability and achieve net-zero carbon targets.
At Canvass Analytics, we are disrupting the way industrial operational data is being used to make critical business decisions. Our disruptive, leading edge AI-powered analytics platform transforms plant operations, giving them predictive insights that enable autonomous operations.
Canvass AI software platform is empowering Fortune 1,500 industrial companies to transform industrial engineers into digital engineers who are driving data driven decisions in day to day operations. CanvassAnalytics’ customers include leading energy, manufacturing, food and ag, oil and gas, and metals and mining companies around the globe.
We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
· We don’t build machine learning pipelines to solve specific problems: we create pipelines that are able to solve classes of industrial data problems
· We use Keras, SciKit-Learn,XGBoost, SHAP and regularly research and add new libraries to our stack
· Our pipelines and micro services are developed predominantly with Python
· We use Kubeflow to build flexible ML pipelines and Kafka for data pipelines
· We use CircleCI to continuously test, integrate and deploy code changes, including ML
We’re looking for candidates with:
· Experience applying machine learning and deep learning algorithms to time-series problems
· Strong knowledge of probability and statistics, plus a passion for working with data
· The ability to implement feature engineering and data transformations at scale
· Solid Python development skills, including experience with NumPy, Pandas and one or more ML libraries
· An understanding of micro service architecture and containerization
· A proven track record of delivering well-designed and tested software
In general, we’re looking for engineers that exemplify these qualities:
· Activation & Engagement Our engineers are critical to the progress of our application and our business. We expect our engineers to maintain focus on the business impact of their changes and advocate for work that will drive outcomes instead of just output.
· Teamwork & Collaboration Our teams are small and extremely collaborative. You will work very closely with DevOps, ProductDevelopment and Customer Success to meaningfully impact the business every week.
· Excellence & Craft Cloud infrastructure is more than just keeping the lights on 24/7. We need to build secure, scalable systems that are also easy to understand and easy to extend so that they can evolve with our business. We want our engineers to take pride in what they build.
· Communication & Leadership An engineer can have a large impact by helping to grow the abilities and understanding of their teammates.We’re looking for people who can deliver learning sessions to introduce their technical teammates to new concepts and who can explain and contextualize their work to teammates outside of engineering.
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
· Awesome team and culture (every day)
· Generous time off, including vacation and personal days to help rejuvenate
· Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and Health Spending Account
· Flexible office policy, with options to work remotely
· Attend Conferences to extend your knowledge and skills
· Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
· Top technology and tools to excel at your role
· Free team lunches
Canvass Analytics is using AI to automate operations for theIndustrial sector. We are changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Startups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange asa Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. Canvass is backed by Google’sGradient Ventures.
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all?If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications listed and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile.
Canvass Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.