Canvass AI, A Leader in Industrial AI, Seeks Finance Manager
Canvass AI is disrupting the industrial sector with its leading AI platform by enabling operators to scale the use of machine learning in their day-to-day production to gain immediate business benefits. Funded by Alphabet’s Gradient Ventures and Yamaha Motor Ventures, Canvass is democratizing access to AI by requiring little or no data science knowledge to use it. Global companies are employing Canvass AI today to achieve higher quality, lower cost, less disruption while reducing waste and emissions.
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for the financial operations of Canvass. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term. This position reports to the CEO.
Location: Toronto, Ontario or remote
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior leadership to aid in long-term and short-term decision-making
- Support project analysis, validation of plans and product pricing, and ad-hoc requests
- Manage the company's financial accounting, HR platform, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Contract and oversee outside services for tax preparation, accounting, payroll, auditing, banking, investments, recruiting, SR&ED claims, and other financial and HR needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and operating performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- 2-3 years of combined experience in accounting, financial analysis
- Experience with software scale-ups is preferred
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Integrity, honesty
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
- Generous time off, including vacation and personal days personal days to help rejuvenate
- Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and Health Spending Account
- Extended learning via Coursera account
- Flexible work policy, with options to work remotely
- Stock options as part of your compensation
- Attend conferences and training courses to extend your knowledge and skills
- Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
- Latest technology and tools to excel at your role
- Team lunches
Why join Canvass?
Canvass AI is changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Start-ups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange as a Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company.
What’s it like working at Canvass?
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.