Empowering industrial workforces with AI to improve profitability and achieve net-zero carbon targets.
At Canvass Analytics, we are disrupting the way industrial operational data is being used to make critical business decisions. Our disruptive, leading edge AI-powered analytics platform transforms plant operations, giving them predictive insights that enable autonomous operations.
Canvass AI software platform is empowering Fortune 1,500industrial companies to transform industrial engineers into digital engineers who are driving data driven decisions in day to day operations. CanvassAnalytics’ customers include leading energy, manufacturing, food and ag, oil and gas, and metals and mining companies around the globe.
We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
Things you should know about our product &teams
· Our infrastructure is based on Kubernetes and various Azure cloud technologies
· We use CircleCI to continuously integrate and deploy code changes
· Deployment to production is git-based and happens on a regular basis
· We use a micro services architecture built predominantly withPython
· We’ve built data pipelines with Kafka and use Kube flow to orchestrate our machine learning pipeline
We’re looking for candidates with:
· A passion for building secure and scalable cloud infrastructure inAzure, AWS or GCP
· Experience creating and managing Kubernetes clusters, using tools such as Helm and Terraform
· Strong networking and Linux knowledge, including knowing what to look for when things go wrong
· Proven track record of proactive system management and monitoring
· An understanding of micro service architecture and distributed system design
· Bonus points for managing Kafka and/or Spark clusters
In general, we’re looking for engineers that exemplify these qualities:
· Activation & Engagement Our engineers are critical to the progress of our application and our business. We expect our engineers to maintain focus on the business impact of their changes and advocate for work that will drive outcomes instead of just output.
· Teamwork & Collaboration Our teams are small and extremely collaborative. You will work very closely with DevOps, ProductDevelopment and Customer Success to meaningfully impact the business every week.
· Excellence & Craft Cloud infrastructure is more than just keeping the lights on 24/7. We need to build secure, scalable systems that are also easy to understand and easy to extend so that they can evolve with our business. We want our engineers to take pride in what they build.
· Communication & Leadership An engineer can have a large impact by helping to grow the abilities and understanding of their teammates.We’re looking for people who can deliver learning sessions to introduce their technical teammates to new concepts and who can explain and contextualize their work to teammates outside of engineering.
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
· Awesome team and culture (every day)
· Generous time off, including vacation and personal days to help rejuvenate
· Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and Health Spending Account
· Flexible office policy, with options to work remotely
· Attend Conferences to extend your knowledge and skills
· Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
· Top technology and tools to excel at your role
· Free team lunches
Canvass Analytics is using AI to automate operations for theIndustrial sector. We are changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Startups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange asa Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. Canvass is backed by Google’sGradient Ventures.
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all?If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications listed and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile.
Canvass Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.